TE Live generally mostly loses Jon for a week or two late in the year when the new Call of Duty game comes out. Or at the very least, TE Live gets cut short a lot or starts late a lot during COD week.
One day during one of those weeks in 2010, Jon was a little late making it into TE Live that day, which was okay because The Jon Olson Hand Puppet showed up in his place and on time, and said pretty much all the things Jon usually says in an eerily nearly-perfect Jon Olson voice.
(Jerry told me recently he doesn’t remember this, heh.)
- POST TITLE: Even “Call of Duty: Black Ops” Can’t Stop TE Live… and There’s Pasta!
- DATE: November 12th, 2010
- HISTORIC FACT: Jon revealed a previously promised hint about Pony List without actually saying anything, because he instead scribbled it on a piece of paper with The Most Famous Marker on the Internet™. (What exactly that hint was I now don’t recall – pre-ListNerds? Pre-RocketResponder? But I can tell you that Pony Surf had previously been the Secret Code Name™ for Sweeva.)
- JON OLSON FACT: For the first time in a long while, Jon cooked on cam for TE Live. (The recipe for Pasta a la TE Live is published on that day’s post here.)
- FUN FACT: No fingers were amputated during the creation of Pasta a la TE Live, and someone in the room commented (during The Jon Olson Hand Puppet’s hosting stint) that Jon had lost an awful lot of weight.
- WEIRD DISCUSSION TOPICS: All Things Pony Related, and Jon’s trip to the store at midnight to get the new Call of Duty and subsequent video of the trip.
- QUOTE OF THE DAY: “I have no social life, so I will have no professional life this week.” – Jon Olson
*** Traffic Exchange Live is on Spreecast every weekday afternoon 4-5 pm EST ***